The easiest and most versatile way to get from 3D model to 3D print.
Fifth Generation technology defines the new standard for ease of use.
Large build volume accelerates rapid prototyping and model making.
100-micron layer resolution enables the creation of professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes and complex models, right at your desk.
Supported by the MakerBot 3D Ecosystem, a growing, synergetic ecosystem of products, materials, software, accessories, services and content that integrate seamlessly with each other to provide a satisfying MakerBot experience.
Build Volume: 9.9 x 7.8 x 5.9 inches
The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer provides Fifth Generation ease of use and connectivity for all your 3D printing needs. Offering the easiest and most versatile way to get from 3D model to 3D print, the MakerBot Replicator’s large build volume accelerates rapid prototyping and model making. 100-micron layer resolution accelerates the design process by enabling professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes and models to be created right at your desk. Perfect for educational use. Educates students how to think, imagine, create, craft and print in 3D, while preparing them for the jobs of the future.
MakerBot is continually improving and iterating on our hardware, software, and firmware. Our Smart Extruder is more reliable and allows you to create higher quality prints when paired with our latest firmware and software. Get the most from your MakerBot 3D Print by keeping your firmware and software up to date.
- MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder
- The MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder detects filament absence and automatically pauses your print. When you run out of filament, the Smart Extruder makes it easy to swap or replace the spool. It can also send notifications to the MakerBot Desktop and mobile apps.
- On-Board Camera
- The 5th Generation Replicator has an on-board camera for print monitoring and easy sharing to MakerBot Thingiverse and social networks. It is also accessible through the MakerBot Desktop and mobile apps. The on-board camera automatically takes reference pictures of final prints and saves them to your cloud storage library.
- 3.5″ Full Color LCD Display
- With a 3.5″ full-color LCD display, you’ll be able to access your object library and see previews of your 3D model files right on the 5th Generation Replicator. The on-board interface and intuitive dial provide a user-friendly experience. Also, there are on-board utilities to help you set up and maintain the 5th Generation Replicator.
- 4 Ways to Connect
- The 5th Generation Replicator provides up to four ways to connect to your computer. You can use a USB stick, a USB cable, an Ethernet cable, or wirelessly via Wi-Fi.
- Assisted Leveling
- With visual feedback, the 5th Generation Replicator makes leveling easier. It also increases precision for consistent higher quality printing.
- Full-Featured Software
- The MakerBot Desktop app is a free download from MakerBot. It allows you to store, organize, and access 3D design files in your personal cloud-enabled library. You can also find, buy, and prepare your files from one central location.
- Cloud Connected
- With the MakerBot mobile app (available in Spring 2014), you’ll be able to control the MakerBot 5th Generation Replicator from anywhere. Send the print file via Wi-Fi or the included USB cable.
- Responsive, Expert Customer Support
- MakerBot provides informative online tech support six days a week (Mon-Sat, 9AM – 6PM ET). There are also reference videos, tutorials, and thorough documentations available on the MakerBot website.
Print Technology Fused Deposition Modeling
Build Volume 9.9 x 7.8 x 5.9 inches (456 cubic inches)
Layer Resolution 100 microns [0.0039 in]
Filament Diameter 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
Filament Compatibility MakerBot PLA Filament
0.9 KG [2.0 lb]
Nozzle Diameter 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
Print File Type .makerbot
Ambient Operating Temperature 15-32°C [60-90°F]
Storage Temperature 0-38°C [32-100°F]
[22.7 x 20.5 x 21.5 in]Product Weight16 kg [35.3 lbs]Shipping Weight (includes Accessory kit)
20.8 KG [45.9 lbs]
Construction PC ABS with Powder-Coated Steel Reinforcement
Build Surface Glass with Blue Tape
Stepper Motors 1.8° Step Angle with 1/16
XY Positioning Precision 11 Microns [0.0004 in]
Z Positioning Precision 2.5 Microns [0.0001 in]
Software Bundle MakerBot Desktop Software
Supported File Types STL, OBJ, Thing, MakerBot
Operating Systems Windows (7+)
Mac OS X (10.7+)
Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 19+)
Power Requirements 100–240V, 50–60 Hz
0.76-0.43 A, 100 W
Connectivity USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
Camera Resolution 320 x 240